Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Messy Start, No?

I know I'll look back on this some day...and read it, and say, "How did I not know how to start?"...but that'll be a while from now. For in this moment, I don't have a clue how to start this. All I know is that I love writing, animals, nature, music, and my friends, and I want to share my best with all who read this. So...now...get ready to dive into this crazy, sometimes boring, sometimes fun, and always inspirational journey with me.

First: I have a headache. Second: I'm listening to the radio. Third: My mother's in the hospital. Fourth: My friend and I are Instant Messaging about her boy trouble. Besides the thing about my mom, it sounds like a normal 14-year-old's day, doesn't it? Well, trust me: it's not. My mind's distracted with thoughts of wide open skies, the wild howl of the wind and the wolf, the red dusty landscape and the scarce sagebrush that is the American "wild west". I'm wishing to be there right now, watching the vibrant sunset, or an eagle flying high, or a herd of deer run in the distance. Not the usual thought process of a teenager, is it? (Maybe it is, but by my understanding and observations, my classmates have only three things on their mind: homework, friends, and sleep. ) Whatever the "norm" is, I'm far from it. My head whirls with thoughts of things like the fate of the Earth, where I'll be in 10 years, what I want to do before I die, where will I live, wow what a good book I'm reading, what's the meaning of life, totem animals, what each animal's meaning is, what can I do to help others, what animals will I see today, how could someone do this to an animal, and so on...
I hope this summary of myself isn't too boring, but it's hard for me to talk about myself...I'm so complex. If I had to tell you one thing about myself, I'd say I think way too much for my own good.
Sorry that I'm all over the place in these first few paragraphs, I'm just sorting my thoughts out. That'll happen a lot, don't worry.
Oh, my name! I haven't told you my name. I'm Kristina...I live in Ohio but my heart's in the San Juan Islands with the wild Orca whales, where it's been ever since June 2009. (More on that later.) My parents are divorced, I live with my mom, brother, and gerbil, where my dad lives with my cat in Washington DC (and I still don't understand what he does at his job. Something with government, I'll give you that.And something important!). BUT! Enough about me and onto what you came here for: an inspirational blog entry about being "wild at heart." But what does that mean, "wild at heart"? I'll tell you.

"WILD AT HEART" can mean many things: how I always wish to be free, living on the range in the American west, or how my life is crazy and so am I...but most of all it can symbolize how I feel connected, deeply connected, with the natural world and its creatures.

And it can also be inspired by the song "Wild at Heart" by Gloriana, which I was listening to when I had the revelation of naming this blog what I have named it.

Now! Onto the important things.
Today I came home from school, watched some TV with my brother, then turned on the radio, sat down on the couch, and read. For a while. Something I haven't done in a while. I was telling myself to go a day without the computer, but reading the book ('The Daily Coyote' by Shreve Stockton' , go buy it, it's incredible.) inspired me to blog and so here I am. I then did some homework, and then read some more of that amazing book, and started writing this. Outside. I don't know why I went and sat outside, but...I just felt like I had to. Had to get out of this house, to breathe some fresh air. And it was great! :) Sometimes its nice to be out there, to taste the cool night air, to get the glimpse of the end of winter before spring...just to realize what it's like to be alive. To hear the birdsong, to see the sunset...To...

My mother's home from the hospital. She's in lots of pain : and it takes a lot to make her say that. I've got to go help her. More later.

~Peace always,
Saphire/Kristina

No comments: